Meet Lisa Blue
Lisa Blue, a lawyer with the Dallas firm Baron and Blue PLLC, received her undergraduate degree from the University of Georgia and two master’s degrees from the University of Virginia in Counseling Psychology. After a brief teaching career, she returned to school and earned a Ph.D. degree in Counseling Psychology from the University of North Texas and a Juris Doctorate from the South Texas College of Law. After completing law school, Ms. Blue joined the Dallas County District Attorney’s office, where she prosecuted more than 125 cases to verdict and later advanced to the DA’s Organized Crime Division.
In 1985, she moved to Baron & Budd, where she specialized in environmental and toxic tort law. Lisa and her husband, Fred Baron, supervised 800+ employees and managed all financial aspects at Baron & Budd, one of the largest environmental law firm in the United States. Following her time with Baron & Budd, she started her own firm, Baron and Blue.
Ms. Blue’s accomplishments in trial courts nationwide have been widely recognized, including being named one of the Top 50 Women Litigators in the U.S. by the National Law Journal, Trial Lawyer of the Year by the Texas Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates, as well as receiving the Honorary Barrister Award from the University of Texas Law School and the Distinguished Alumni Award from South Texas College of Law. Blue was named Trial Lawyer of the Year in 2006 by the Dallas Bar Association. In 2007, she received the Louise Raggio Women’s Legal Advocate Award from Legal Aid of Northwest Texas and was awarded the Ronald D. Secrest Outstanding Trial Lawyer Award from the Texas Bar Foundation in 2008. Ms. Blue was honored to accept the 2009 Rayburn Johnson Award posthumously on behalf of her husband, Fred Baron. In July 2009, Ms. Blue received Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s “Know Your Power” Award. She was selected to the 2014 Texas Lawyers List, an honor reserved for lawyers who exhibit excellence in practice. DMagazine elected her Best Lawyer in Dallas 2014 in Tort Product & Medical Liability Litigation. In April 2015, Lisa was inducted into the Trial Lawyer Hall of Fame.
In addition to her legal practice, Ms. Blue maintains a private practice as a forensic psychologist and is a nationally renowned expert in jury selection. With her unique background, Blue has been a commentator for several high-profile trials covered by Court TV and has coauthored numerous articles on jury selection. Blue has also written and coauthored numerous articles and several books: Thinking Outside of the Box, Inside of the Courtroom (2021) co-authored by Robert Hirschhorn & Jennifer Lipinski. Jury selection: Strategy & science (Callaghan’s trial practice series) ATLA’s Blue’s Guide to Jury Selection, coauthored with Robert Hirschhorn in 2004 (published by West), and Dr. Blues’ Guide to Making Relationships Work: 50 Quick Tips that Will Save Your Relationship, coauthored with brother Dr. Rick Blue in 2006 and The Little Blue Books: Preparing for Voir Dire, authored by Lisa Blue and Robert Hirschhorn in 2014 (4 of 5 series); Dr. Blues’ Guide was selected as the Honorable Mention award recipient for General/Non-Fiction by the 2008 New York Book Festival.
Ms. Blue is involved in numerous legal and professional organizations, including:
- American Bar Association (Task Force on the Judiciary, 1998)
- American Board of Trial Advocates (President, Dallas Chapter, 1995; President, Texas Chapter, 1998-99)
- American Psychological Association
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Dallas Bar Association (Co-chair CLE committee, 1999; Board of Directors, 2000-2002; Legal Legend Award, 2011)
- Dallas Bar Foundation (Board of Trustees, 2000-2002)
- Dallas Psychological Association
- Dallas Trial Lawyers Association
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Public Citizen (Board of Directors, 1999-2008)
- State Bar of Texas (Media Response Team, 1999-2000; Jury Service Committee, 2000)
- Supreme Court Task Force on Judicial Campaign Financial Reform (1998)
- Texas Psychological Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association (Executive Committee 1993-97; Head of Amicus Committee, 1996)
- ATLA – Diplomat of Trial Advocacy
- Dallas Women’s Lawyer Association
- Metro Dallas Homeless Alliance (Board Member)
- American Association for Justice (formerly ATLA: Secretary 2011-2012)
- President of the Larry Hagman Foundation (2013 – current)
- American Association for Justice Vice President (2012 – 2013)
- American Association for Justice President-Elect (2013 – 2014)
- American Association for Justice President (2014 – 2015)
- 2019 Finalist for Public Justice Trial Lawyer of the Year
- National Trial Lawyer President 2020
In addition to her professional and political activities, Ms. Blue is an active Philanthropist and runs Baron and Blue Foundation, through which she raises money for the homeless in Dallas. She has studied many languages and has become fluent in French, Spanish, and Italian. She is a mother of three teen daughters.